The ability to negotiate is a major part of the service package that real estate professionals offer to get a seller the best price and terms available in the marketplace today. Negotiation is also a valuable skill to help a buyer get the home they desire at a fair price with terms that are pleasing to them. It's important to recognize that real estate professionals negotiate more often than they may realize! Every incoming call, client consultation meeting, and open house event includes some level of negotiation.
The ability to understand and recognize different negotiating styles and strategies results in successful client interactions and closed transactions. This course introduces students to DISC Behavior Profiling, training students how to build trust and connect with others, balance emotion and logic, reduce stress, and ultimately achieve a Win-Win-Win negotiation.
The modules covered in this course are:
- Defining Negotiations
- Identify Your Negotiation Style
- Measuring Your Success
- Recognize Other’s Negotiating Strategy
- Choosing the Right Negotiating Style
- Build Trust
- Develop Understanding
- Reduce Stress
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- distinguish between obvious and non-obvious negotiations
- identify statistics you should analyze to succeed in negotiations
- distinguish between four DISC behavior profiles of other negotiators
- implement the most effective negotiation strategy for the situation
- establish improved levels of rapport and trust
- distinguish between transactional and connector questions
- provide perspective to avoid the pitfalls of highly emotional negotiations
This course is divided into eight chapters. Each chapter begins with a video lecture from the course coach, Jackie Leavenworth. Jackie will teach you efficient ways to handle both negotiations and those you are negotiating with. After the lecture, interactive activities will help reinforce the tips you just learned. The chapter will end with a short multiple-choice question quiz.
After completing all of the modules and an end-of-course feedback survey, a course completion certificate for Mississippi real estate continuing education credit will be issued.
Licensees who have earned the Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation can purchase this course for 4 hours of elective CRS Credit towards renewing their CRS designation.
Licensees have the option to select this credit at checkout for an additional $20.
For additional information about CRS, please visit www.crs.com.